Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default How long does Sharkbite last?

On Sat, 08 Mar 2014 12:45:58 -0500, micky
wrote:

How long does Sharkbite last?

I have to replace a toilet shut-off valve and all that HD had was
Sharkbite.

They say it doesn't leak but they don't say for how long it doesn't
leak.

I don't like the idea of selling the house and the new owners saying bad
things about me after I'm gone, like I did about the previous owner for
his terrible caulking.

They are supposed to last about forever. I had a couple of them in my
house but only for a couple of years now. In my case, I used them in
a couple of places where it was difficult to safely solder and I'd do
it again.