Posted to alt.home.repair
Fred McKenzie Fred McKenzie is offline

Default Cutting plexiglass

In article ,
Andy wrote:

I had a bear of a time cutting some plexiglass without cracking it.

It was 3/16 inch thick.

Using a very fine toothed sabre saw did not work.

I tried scoring it with a sheet rock knife.

I finally made some progress using a hack saw and going REAL slow.

Any tips ?

Andy-

Many years ago in shop class, I used a band saw to cut out the plastic
letter opener I made!

Another possibility might be using a cutting tip for a Weller Soldering
Gun. I have such a tip, but have never tried it. I suspect it would be
a slow process.
http://www.apexhandtools.com/brands/...cfm?upc=037103
480415

Reading the other suggestions, I prefer the scoring and snapping
approach. I think it would be the fastest method.

Fred