Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hrhofmann@sbcglobal.net is offline

Default Dual sump pumps

On Fri, 7 Mar 2014 13:28:41 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

Two pumps, separate supply electricity if possible. check valves in each discharge into a comon pipe. Just set the float switch on the backup pump to go on at a higher water level. This isn't rocket science, just basic plumbing and electricity.

I have two pumps like this, plus a water-powered jet-like system as a final backup

Is this one a BasePump, or is there another brand of waterpowered
sumppump?

Micky,

My pump is a "Liberty Pumps - Sump Jet, Model S310". It seems to be pretty capable in terms of water lifting. I have not had to actually use it in an emergency, just tested it a number of times by turning off the electricity to my two 120V powered pumps.