Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen[_2_] Dan Espen[_2_] is offline

Default Cutting plexiglass

RobertMacy writes:

On Fri, 07 Mar 2014 22:31:11 -0700, Andy
wrote:

I had a bear of a time cutting some plexiglass without cracking it.

It was 3/16 inch thick.

Using a very fine toothed sabre saw did not work.

I tried scoring it with a sheet rock knife.

I finally made some progress using a hack saw and going REAL slow.

Any tips ?

Andy

These people are EXPERTS in plastic.

San Leandro HQ 510 357 3755

TAP Plastics (408) 292 8685
1212 The Alameda
San Jose, CA 95125

TAP Plastics Inc (408) 265-6400
1008 Blossom Hill Rd # F
San Jose, CA 95123

TAP Plastics Inc (650) 962-8430
312 Castro St
Mtn View, CA 94041

http://www.tapplastics.com

Indeed. Some friends needed a shelf in their kitchen window.
I bought a piece of lucite from Tap. They accept orders for
almost any size and will cut and polish to your specifications.

With lucite you really want all the edges polished.
The end result looks fantastic.

--
Dan Espen