Posted to alt.home.repair
Stumpy[_3_] Stumpy[_3_] is offline

Default Cutting plexiglass

"Mayayana" wrote in message
I'd second the table saw method. I've never
had much luck with other methods. (I don't
switch blades. I just use a fine-cut carbibe
blade (60+teeth) for everything. One caveat,
though: The saw blade will melt the plastic a
bit and release fumes. I really don't know how
toxic those fumes might be. Best to have ventilation.

I second carbide tip blade - but fewer teeth. More teeth means more
melting - just cut at slow pace when feeding the Plexiglas. I used to keep
a sharp blade that had never met wood just for plastic and kept the blade
lower so it was cutting forward instead of down.