Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Milwaukee 5625 3.25hp router - Dead

"JayPique" wrote in message

So I've got it hung in a router table running a quarter
inch round-over on a few hundred MDF parts and it's
easy-peasy. I get done, clean up, blow off the router
motor and set it on top of the table for the next time I
need it. Which was today. To my knowledge the router has
not been used since I last did. I plugged it in to a
working outlet, turned it on, and....nothing. There is
no visible damage to the cord or the router itself. It
has less than 10 hours use on it - practically new.

Any thoughts? I haven't started dismantling as it was
discovered late today and I got mad and left. Plus it's
Friday and I had a massage but that's a whole nuther
story.

I have one router - an old one - that does that occasionally. The problem
is that when it stops the brushes are sort of between the commutator strips
or at least aren't making good contact. My solution for that is to rotate
the arbor slightly (while unplugged or at least "off", of course).

--

dadiOH