Posted to rec.woodworking

Default FFFFFFF

wrote in news:dp2lh9t72oimi0053tpnhfchfvedat9dbf@
4ax.com:

On Fri, 7 Mar 2014 17:09:49 -0800, "Lew Hodgett"

Or the carpenter pencil - behind my ear

The only solution is to get a good denim shop apron complete
with pencil and scale pockets sewn on the front at the top.

A pocket at waist level provides another place to "hide" things.

Lew

Then I'd hang the durn thing on the back of the door and lose it too.

I picked up one of those pencil retractor lines from Lee Valley. It
clips to your belt/pants and attaches to the pencil. It worked fine, and
was even sometimes convenient.

Yep, I lost it. I had it one day, and the next it was gone. I'm pretty
sure I did take it off before leaving the shop, but exactly where and
when are shrouded in mystery.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.