Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default FFFFFFF

Mike Marlow wrote:
Bill wrote:
Mike Marlow wrote:
wrote:
On Fri, 07 Mar 2014 14:12:22 -0500, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:
On 3/6/2014 11:39 AM, woodchucker wrote:

I put down an inspection mirror yesterday, I can't find it today,
while re-doing the dust collector, I need to look in, the baffle
is not working as well as I hoped, so I need to make a neutral
vane, and I need to see the cone's fit so I can make the vane fit
well. Damn I can't find the inspection mirror... It's so F'ng
frustrating putting something down and not being able to find
it... a few hours now..
The secret is simple. You just put things away in a place where
you will know to go when you need that particular item. Then it
will be there when you need it. As soon as I find that place,
everything I ever put away will be there. It is going to be a bit
pile too!
If it's like mine there will be 3 or 4 of everything i commonly use
-----.
My memory is very good, but it's getting short.
And when I put something down while I'm working, I generally put it
somewhere where it is out of my way so I won't knock it down, yet
close at hand - somewhere that AT THE TIME makes sense. When I find
it an hour, or a week, or a month later, I ask myself, why the 7734
would you put it THERE you DUMMY?????
Really??? You two????

Did you ever look around the house for it for 15 minutes only
to....realize that....oh,no.. surely not...is it.... in your back
pocket? : )

That usually only happens if it's a sharp object and you've just crawled out
of your car seat...

We're a dangerous lot!