Posted to alt.home.repair
RobertMacy RobertMacy is offline

Default Tips for arthritic repair people

On Thu, 06 Mar 2014 17:40:34 -0700, Robert Green
wrote:

"RobertMacy" wrote in message
newsp.xca6hoze2cx0wh@ajm...
...snip....
Not a doctor, but from experience with arthritis hitting my family,
avoid
ALL allergic responses to ANYTHING. The smallest thing, avoid it. Doing
so, you may find that your arthritic symptoms deminish.

Tell me about it. The MD's put me on Glucotrol because my BG levels have
been creeping up and my arthritis went absolutely nuts over it. Gotta
switch to something else.

--
Bobby G.

Allergic response, may have a high threshold, but once achieved, requires
a much lower level of exposure for the allergic response to go away.
Sometimes it is possible to lower the threshold to the point the 'high'
initial threshold moves so far up, you are never bothered again. Check
into anecdotal information regarding extreme hay fever victims, who during
WWII were stationed on boats in the Pacific far away from the allergens.
They missed 'one' season of hay fever and often were cured. After
returning to hay fever country never had the symptoms again, plus general
health was improved. Again, following my personal premise that "since the
body is a system, doing something to one area often affects another."
That's why aspirin, acetominophen(sp?) etc all reduce pain. It is my
contention [and personal opinion, that arthritis starts, and is
exacerbated by, a response to allergies, starts out as your body trying to
tell you in a 'sideways' manner to quit inundating it with ?? whatever is
causing the allergy. Your body is a system, perturbing here, causes
response over there, type thing.

Now back to allergic and arthritis. Jason Robards [the actor] had
debilitating arthritis and became wheelchair bound, until he correlated
his arthritic inflammation to his allergy of red meat, which he craved. He
removed meat completely from his diet, and he was out of his wheelchair
and back to working in film industry. Most of the people I met always had
both arthritis and what seemed like even mild allergies. The pain of
arthritis always outweighed their complaints about the slight allergies
they were constantly suffering. One person at the age of 26 was
practically bedridden from the pains of arthritis, would lie soaking in a
hot tub every day to get over pains. Had the usual slight sniffle nose
allergies but didn't think too much about it, until he realized, hey wait
allergic = arthritis, arthritis = allergy, so he purged his home of EVERY
allergen he could find. He removed anything and everything that was a
known allergen. and anything that made hime think/feel 'sniffly'. Put in
electronic air cleaners. We're talking almost divorce here, the home was
austere beyond belief. During this purge, he said any visitor into his
realm had like a 'dust' cloud around them. Made his eyes intantly start
watering, etc.Couldn't stand to have them there. But after 18 months, he
no longer suffered from arthritis, nor allergies to those myriad of home
products. Now at 70 years of age, he still has little to no arthritic
symptoms, still playing tennis and often riding bicycle a daunting 15 to
20 miles a day. Home has all the 'normal' ecoutrements of a home and he's
still married. His family history has a history of 'adult onset' diabetes,
too. Don't know if that relates or not.

Note: he also noticed that after exercise, acidic levels in the blood
raised due to that exercise and similarly acidic levels in the blood
raised while taking aspirin in arthritic sufferers. He wanted to pursue
the concept that exercise and aspirin had same effects on the body as good
old exercise, but medical community would not allow 'condoned' research
into that area. As in, "yeah you can do the research, but we won't pay
attention to it."

Just curious, I've heard the Japanese have done some wonderous therapy
into arthritic sufferers by treating them with, shudder, ICE! As in, pack
the knee joint with ice, exercise beyond belief, and when all warms up,
person went from immobile to mobile. Real miracle. Remembering back to my
neighbor who had those classic 'claw' hands and how she complained about
the cold weather, always made me wonder.