Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
nospamgoingjag[_2_] nospamgoingjag[_2_] is offline

Default LED trouble light power supply

Hope this is an appropriate request for this newsgroup.

I have an LED trouble light (as in for working on a car). It is the
style with buld LED's. They started going out at random, so I decided
to check the power supply and it was varying all over the place
exceeding 87 volts. I frankly couldn't determine how the power supply
could be working properly. Since most of the LED's had already blowm,
I decided I would "rebuild" it using strip LED's (5050 SMDs or
3528's). Although I suppose I could run a wallwart and run the 12 V
up the 110 wire, but I would prefer to build a small power supply into
the handle as it is now, I just won't use the existing circuit board.

Could someone supply me with a schematic for a 110v to 12 V DC 5 amp
power supply that would fit in about a 2 inch by 2 inch by 1/2 inch
thick space?

Appologies is this is the wrong place to make this request.