Posted to alt.home.repair
Jaj Jaj is offline

Default Taper Between Door Jamb and Wall

"James" wrote in message
thlink.net...
On Thu, 6 Mar 2014 07:29:35 -0600, dadiOH wrote
(in article ):

"James" wrote in message
thlink.net
Hi,

I installed a prehung door in my bathroom. It is square
and plumb. After installing the casing I noticed that
the space between the lock side casing tapers from about
7-1/4" at the top to 6-3/4" at the bottom in the space
between the edge of the casing and the casing on a bifold
door on an adjoining wall. It is very noticeable and I'm
wondering what I can do to make it less visible.

Here are a couple of photos
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ladedah...7641929664704/

Any advice appreciated!

One of the doors isn't plumb. Fix the one that isn't.

That sounds kinda doable. The wall where the bifold door is is the
problem
but I suppose I could pull the casing off and shim it out. Just kinda
hate
to do that since I replaced all the trim on that door a short time ago.
Thanks!

You got a lot of good ideas on how to fix the problem. You attempt to
justify your laziness by not wanting to follow any advice. You need to get
off your fat ass, or shut the **** up.