Default workshop

Steven:

A good sized workshop is considerably different from one person to
another. As an example, about two years ago, I built a 32 foot by 52
foot workshop. Today, if I were doing it again, it would be even
larger, and have a separate (large) shed for wood storage.... Bear in
mind I live in Hawaii, and don't need to be worried about cold weather
affecting my woodworking, and could easily work outside with little more
than a roof overhead if I desired.

For someone that is currently working in a single car garage, and not
doing production work, it may be enough, or perhaps having a two car
garage would be better, depending upon the number of things they do and
how much storage or drying area they need....

I know people that are quite happy with woodturning, using far less
space than half of a single car garage, and at the same time, I know
production woodturners that use as little as a 12x12 area on up to
workshops larger than mine. It all depends on how efficiently you use
the space, and how you work. Personally, I have a bad habit of filling
much of the horizontal space with half finished projects and such, and
don't have a very efficient drying space, so I feel I need more space
than someone else that makes more than I do (but uses the space more
efficiently)...

Good Luck
--Rick AH7H

Steven Van Densen wrote: