Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Circuit panel safety question

"micky" wrote in message

stuff snipped

I saw an electrician melt the tip off a screwdriver in the mid-1960's
when we had a new house built. Molten metal sputtered onto the inside of
the box. Very impressive.

Sounds impressive. I wonder if there is any way to use that breaker-box
method to make jewelry. Or guns.

There are actually a number of sputtering methods used to produce exotic
metals but I don't think they use a circuit panel, a screwdrive and a
careless electrician to do it. (-:

It was a good reminder that even gloved up with long sleeves, goggles are
probably a good thing to wear, too. Pop a blob of melted steel in your eye
and it's probably lights out forever in that eye.

--
Bobby G.