Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Circuit panel safety question

On Thu, 06 Mar 2014 16:41:23 -0500, micky
wrote:

I never do anything in an
open panel, except to change a breaker or add one.

Me too. The connecting a surge protector is on the list, especially if
it gets opened for any other reason.

Same here, a breaker SPD for the panel. I have the space on top for a
double breaker so nothing has to be moved to make room - should be
easy. I'll be nervous though.

I have a great fear. Always nervous about it. Keep one hand in my
pocket. Learned a lesson being stupid and got myself shocked on a
three-way switch - the shock traveled across my chest standing on a
metal ladder.

Isn't your heart in the middle of your chest? That's supposed to be the
weak link when it comes to electricity.

Yes. If you get knocked off the ladder, it helps

I've read that DC contracts your muscles and you cannot let go. AC
pulsates, with a chance to break away.

BUT don't take my advice.