Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tips for arthritic repair people

On 3/6/2014 10:15 AM, Robert Green wrote:
I'm looking for any tips on how to cope with advancing arthritis. I find
twisting motions to be very difficult at times, and that switching to set of
1/4" shank drills has really reduced the amount of chuck twisting I have to
do when using the electric drill.

Two very helpful tools for CATV work have been wrenches for the hex rings on
RG6 cable. One is on a long stalk but the more useful one is shaped like a
2" funnel with a slit in the side. It increases the function diameter of
the hex nut substantially

First, I regret to hear. That's sad when you have
the wisdom, the skill, and the aches and pains
are holding you back. I've not yet had arthritis,
but have had pinched nerve, and some other grief.

I find myself taking frequent breaks at the computer
key board, just let my arms lay in my lap for a few
seconds.

--
..
Christopher A. Young