Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Circuit panel safety question

On Mon, 03 Mar 2014 12:15:20 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Mon, 03 Mar 2014 07:35:19 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

Dry wood such as plywood can also help.

Aren't wooden ladders used by electricians?

I was on the maintenance end of a project where others climbed up a
ladder next to 100's of telephone poles. They got talked into buying an
fiberglass extension ladder for the project, much heavier than aluminum
would have been.

And the ladder actually never went as high as the wires, only high
enough that someone standing on the ladder could reach the lowest wire.

But we still used it.

I never do anything in an
open panel, except to change a breaker or add one.

Me too. The connecting a surge protector is on the list, especially if
it gets opened for any other reason.

I have a great fear. Always nervous about it. Keep one hand in my
pocket. Learned a lesson being stupid and got myself shocked on a
three-way switch - the shock traveled across my chest standing on a
metal ladder.

Isn't your heart in the middle of your chest? That's supposed to be the
weak link when it comes to electricity.