Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is a UL listing mandatory for specialized electrical equipment?

On 3/6/2014 11:27 AM, Robert Green wrote:
The butthead that installed my WH the last time around certainly could have
used inspecting. Thank God I had already installed a CO detector because he
had not attached the flue pipe to the chimney correctly and a week after the
install it just fell off. Unlike car exhaust, there was no tell-tale odor
of any kind (I realize CO is odorless, but with cars, you can usually smell
exhaust gas).

--
Bobby G.

Glad that got discovered, and didn't lead to
illness or worse.

I got to replace a length of flue pipe one time
for a WH, the power company guy noticed and
redtagged the unit. Not much room to work, and
it was a real challenge. Perforated galvanized
strap makes up for a lot of lack of man hands.
My arms are too short.

--
..
Christopher A. Young