Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Circuit panel safety question

"RobertMacy" wrote in message
newsp.xb7dgiy82cx0wh@ajm...

stuff snipped

When young i 'inherited' many electrical tools from my father, such as
wire strippers and pliers. The reason he gave them to me was that they
were damaged by discharges. So, I had to file off some section of 'welded'
metal blobs to make them work. Still have a few of them. He got them from
people on his job site who either didn't check, or didn't put a red flag
and tape on the breakers, or in one case 'just turned on for a second' ?!
because someone needed electricity for just that simple little time. That
someone got fired. And, everyone breathed a sigh of relief.

I still have the screwdriver an electrician partially melted futzing around
inside a circuit panel. I kept it to remind me of the power of electricity.
Reminds me of the local skeet range that has a board that contains all the
shotgun barrel ends (over 20) that exploded, usually after being fired after
the shooter let the barrel get plugged by mud. Bulged barrels, torn
barrels, shredded barrels and one that looked like an eggbeater because it
shredded in 1/4" ribbons.

--
Bobby G.