Posted to rec.woodworking

Default FFFFFFF

woodchucker wrote:
I don't know how you guys with disorganized shops do it.
I can't.

Well Jeff - it's not so much that we do it, as it is that we have perfected
the art of blaming others for that state.

I put down an inspection mirror yesterday, I can't find it today,
while re-doing the dust collector, I need to look in, the baffle is
not working as well as I hoped, so I need to make a neutral vane, and
I need to see the cone's fit so I can make the vane fit well.

Damn I can't find the inspection mirror... It's so F'ng frustrating
putting something down and not being able to find it... a few hours
now..

I do know what you mean though. My garage is always in some form of
unorganized, but really not all that bad. I have too much stuff for too
little space and it can look worse than it really is. I'm actually pretty
good at putting things back where they belong when a job is done, but then
there's that memory thing that can bite me in the you-know-where in the
midst of a job and I put something down somewhere convenient - and can't
remember where. Now - for the sign of a real expert - I can also look right
at something and not see the damned thing. Very frustrating as I find
myself scanning methodically across an area and concentrating on what I'm
looking for. Some days it just sucks...

I've moved on put that aside, but am still fumed over the fact that I
can learn to put things away and it still happens.

Sigh... you have so much left to learn Jeff. This is the point that you
are supposed to blame someone else for misplacing the mirror, or not
returning it to its proper place. This is an artform Jeff - it takes a bit
to perfect it.

I guess the re-training isn't over.

See comment above...

--