Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default gatling gun

Randy333" wrote in message
Anyone know what it's worth? $100,000 or so?

Anywhere to get plans to make one? How much on these things are
castings?

http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/au...gi?lid=2006552

scroll down to lot #550

http://www.auctionzip.com/Full-Image/2006552/fp1987.cgi

http://www.auctionzip.com/Full-Image/2006552/fp1981.cgi

http://www.auctionzip.com/Full-Image/2006552/fp2000.cgi

http://www.auctionzip.com/Full-Image/2006552/fp2015.cgi

There are two sets of Gattling gun plans from two different designers
available for a reasonable fee on-line. Both plans are for .22LR. Under US
law as long as it remains crank operated it is legal to make and possess.
Some states have additional laws which would prohibit the possession of such
a gun. You know which states those are I am sure. Because the feed
mechanism is classed as a hopper, not a magazine. It does not violated
magazine capacity laws, but some draconian states may interpret that
differently. Be advised that if you motorize the mechanism it automatically
is classed as a machine gun by the ATF, and that is illegal to manufacture
or possess. Even with a tax stamp for an automatic weapon.

I am summarizing what I have read. Your mileage may vary.

---