Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Circuit panel safety question

wrote in message

No one has asked what the added mat would be covering. In my house, it
would be on top of carpeting with an underpad above a wood floor. Adddint
the rubber mat would not have any effect unless I was working on voltages of
several thousand volts. Double rubber gloves is good, long-sleeved shirts
to cover the arms up to the gloves also important.

Good question - sorry for the important omission. It's covering a concrete
floor that has a French drain running all along the perimeter of the
basement wall.

The problem with double rubber gloves is the loss of dexterity. Even single
rubber gloves make life difficult when working inside close spaces.

--
Bobby G.