Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Need a 72 Mhz AM receiver

"dave"
Phil Allison wrote:

Other than my service monitor/spectrum analyzer which tunes .450Mhz to
1.0
Ghz FM, (only) I have no way to hear this AM signal. Does anyone have any
ideas?

** Err - ever heard of a radio scanner ?

Yer average Bearcat won't tune TV bands (or slightly big guardbands).

** Some of the cheaper scanners do seem to miss 72Mhz.

You need a wideband comms receiver like an ICOM or an AOR.

** My 20 year old AOR 1000xlt ( hand held ) scanner covers the whole range
from 100kHz to 1.3 GHz.

Demodulates AM, FM narrow and FM wide at any frequency too.

As do many others.

They go for under $100 on Ebay.

Thousands of uses ....

..... Phil