Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default OT Stop signs

On Wed, 05 Mar 2014 20:24:19 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 3/5/2014 8:11 PM, Oren wrote:
**How many of you remember when stop signs were yellow, because red
faded a lot.

Vaguely. What happens when one is red / green (?) color blind....

It's really easy to blow past stop signs.
Red sign up against a green bush or shrub,
totally don't see it. I've done that.

One friend of mine was totally red green
color blind. Horizontal signals under a
bridge, had to slow down and do what others
do. See if others stop.

When I ride with a friend, I have to read a paper or something. Not
pay attention. As a passenger I try to activate the passenger side
brake pedal or grab the dashboard. I don't think he sees red lights,
vehicle tail lights and such.

"Oren, I took the brake pedal off that side!"