Posted to sci.electronics.repair
amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default HP IC, Unobtanium ?

On 3/5/2014 6:26 PM, Tom Miller wrote:

wrote in message
"hanging by their leads which might only be .040" in diameter, "

HAHA.. what a mistake. Really, forty thousandths ? Try more like
fourteen...

LOL

Just a few comments:

1) The original circuit used bipolar NPN transistors in the hybrid. You
might consider using some high voltage video driver transistors for your
design.

That works for me.

2) The circuit is not driving the deflection plates directly. They are
driving a delay line with taps that connect to the deflection plates.

Only going by what I see on the schematic*, but the delay line are
back two stages before the plates.

This is so the deflection signal follows, in time, the electron beam as
it moves through the deflection plate assembly.

My thinking is the delay allows you to see the triggering event,
but it is a wag on my part.

*The OP has intimated that my schematic is not correct, but I want
him to
reinforce that, as of now I'm going with, it is correct.
Mikek