Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dimitrij Klingbeil Dimitrij Klingbeil is offline

Default Need a 72 Mhz AM receiver

wrote in message
Other than my service monitor/spectrum analyzer which tunes .450Mhz to 1.0
Ghz FM, (only) I have no way to hear this AM signal. Does anyone have any
ideas? Thanks, Lenny

It depends on where you want to check the signal. On the transmitting end,
with 1W power, a simple diode into a resistive divider and speaker will do.
Totally frequency-insensitive, but you can probably check the carrier with a
frequency counter separately.

On the receiving end, you'll have to look for some rather sensitive wideband
receivers. This one will tune from 100 kHz to 1.3 GHz in 1 kHz steps:

http://www.yupiteru.co.jp/products/r...500/index.html

Yupiteru does not directly sell their products overseas, but several
Japanese online shops do export.

As Dave has noted, ICOM and AOR (both also from Japan) make several other
receivers. These tend to be even more pricey but also have more selectable
filter bandwidths and demodulation options. The Yupi above has AM,
narrowband FM and wideband FM. Sensitivity ca. -6 dBu at your frequency and
modulation type.

Regards, Dimitrij