Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Is this for real?

On Wed, 05 Mar 2014 17:50:15 -0600, philo* wrote:

On 03/05/2014 05:31 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 3/5/2014 6:16 PM, Congoleum Breckenridge wrote:

http://www.quirky.com/blog/post/2014...oducing-reter/

I can't believe this will work, since it's clamped around both H&N wires.

The ammeter I've got requires a splitter,
for that reason. I'm suspicious.

I'm stumped too. Clamp-on meters measure the field in /one/ wire.

Maybe you've put your finger on it. The webpage says he "dreamt up
Reter as an alternative to traditional clamp meters that fall short."

If you put a clamp on meter over both wires since current in = current

Maybe the "clamp" isn't over both wires. Maybe the sensor is to the
side of both of them, much closer to one wire than to the other.

out the sum total would be zero.