Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Flushing Central Heating

On 05/03/2014 15:43, DerbyBorn wrote:
A friend is having trouble getting his downstairs radiators hot. (Upstairs
it balanced down to a minimum)
A plmber has replaced the pump to no avail. Today he did a power flush but
he connected to a radiator flow and return. I had assumed that flushing was
normally done at the pump connectors.

If there is a blockage then I believe the pipes under the floor are the
problem.

Sould he be trying to connect the power flush into one radiator - and the
return into a different radiator?

So long as you isolate the various parts of the system so that you are
flushing each individual bit in sequence, it should not really matter.
The procedure is described he

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?...g_ Procedures

--
Cheers,