Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Flushing Central Heating

On 05/03/2014 16:53, DerbyBorn wrote:

why the heck don't all plumbers fit and exterior drain point????

Well, this *is* DIY - why don't *you*?

I've got drain lockshields on all my rads, making it easy to drain
individual rads without spilling any water. Since it's a vented system,
if I remove a rad to decorate behind it, I can put the drained water
back into the F&E tank so as not to lose the inhibitor.

That wouldn't apply if I were doing a system flush, of course.
--
Cheers,
Roger