Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - government, then and now

On Monday, March 3, 2014 1:13:04 PM UTC-5, Malcom Mal Reynolds wrote:
In article ,

"harryagain" wrote:

"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" wrote in message

In article ,

The Daring Dufas wrote:

On 3/2/2014 9:38 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

In article , The Daring Dufas

wrote:

On 2/18/2014 6:39 PM, Tekkie(R) wrote:

The Daring Dufas posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

Kids are a product of their parents and their beliefs which

is why many people don't understand that children are not

inherently racist, haters of any of those who are are of a

different faith, etc. They must be trained to possess such

beliefs and attitude. o_O

Exactly, that's why parents don't want their kids running

with the "wrong crowd"

Parents who live with their children or have a close enough

relationship with them have more influence on the child than

they might believe.

which obviously explains rising gang membership, drug and

alcohol use, teen pregnancies

Malcom, you idiot, kids who grow up with both parents in the home

are much less likely to get involved with gangs unless they live in

certain large urban areas. Most parents care about their children

and will scrutinize the activities of their kids and who they hang

out with. Where I grew up, my parents would hear from neighbors

about anything me and my siblings might do wrong when we acted like

the spawn of Satan. Perhaps where you're from, parent let their

children run wild and don't care what they do? o_O

TDD

Unfortunately, there are kids who grow up without a father

around and little boys need a father to keep them from becoming

savages. A boy without a father will find a father figure

somewhere and it could be the minister at their church or some

thug who runs a street gang. I have my preference because I've

encountered both examples. ^_^

TDD

Hi, If parents are good ones, some are so busy with their

professional pursuit, they don't have time to spend with kids. I see

them easily in affluent neighborhood. They live in luxury but good

upbringing of their children? Spray money, hire nanny, I even wonder

they can recognize their own kids. Most teen delinquency is in this

kinda family/neighborhood. Having both parents doesn't mean a thing.

Having good parent(s) does.

I do believe I originally wrote "parents who have a close enough

relationship with their children". What you write is very true because

parents must spend time with their children to teach them to be

civilized. I've seen too many little boys grow up without a father so

they look for a father figure. If a kid gets involved with a church,

there are men there like youth ministers who will take an interest in

and help the kids learn how they should behave. The great majority of

ministers and other men who are members of the churches I've dealt with

are wonderful people and will give a fatherless young boy someone to

look up to and someone to talk to about his problems. Regardless of all

the hysteria in the press about priests and ministers molesting kids,

I've never met one who would harm a child in any way. o_O

TDD

so your inference that kids who grow up without a father are bound to

become savages ignores the many, many single parents who teach their

kids to be savages

He is right. They are almost certain to evolve into some form of delinqency.

"almost certain" sounds so scientific

You can quibble over "almost certain", but the fact is that statistics
show that children growing up in homes without a father do in fact
have a much higher rate of failure in school, dropping out, committing
crime and turning out to be misfits.

The nuclear family has been recognised as the best for millenia.

as was slavery

Idiot.

Only recently have half wit politicians/sociologists come up with other

brain bollixed ideas.

ah, I see, it's the politicians who have forced happy families to disband

Forced? no. Be they sure have encouraged it. It's called welfare. A mother with two kids and no father, gets welfare. With a father pressent his income
would reduce or eliminate that welfare. So, daddy starts 3 families with
3 different moms, supports none of them, and the govt helps makes it
possible. From the 60s when the modern welfare state began, the
out of wedlock birthrate for blacks for example has tripled and it's
now at almost 75%. If instead, all those trillion had been left in
the private sector imagine the increased wealth for everyone, the jobs,
it would have created.