Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Barnes[_2_] Mike Barnes[_2_] is offline

Default Foreign currency - where to buy, here or there?

S Viemeister wrote:
On 3/5/2014 6:11 AM, Mike Barnes wrote:
S Viemeister wrote:
Some friends and I are considering a trip to Iceland, either this year
or next - any suggestions on what/where to see/do?

Depends on your interests. Some people like expeditions in enormous
4x4s, others prefer solitary hiking. The concert hall in Reykjavik is
worth a look, and the seafood restaurants are excellent. We were there
last year and the best part for us was Snaefellsness.

Get a copy of the Lonely Planet guide and take it from there. Cicerone
Press do a good walking guide.

But don't go for the cheap beer.

Added to trip folder, thank you.
What's the cheap beer like?

Dunno, couldn't afford it. :-)

Seriously though, things were very expensive. ISTR that the currency was
good value just after the banking crisis, but those days are long gone.

--
Mike Barnes
Cheshire, England