Posted to alt.home.repair
philo [_2_] philo [_2_] is offline

Default Selling House Electrical question

On 03/04/2014 07:11 PM, wrote:

No, it's 100 amp.

I'd let the next owner upgrade it unless your Realtor does not think you
can sell it in it's current (no pun intended) condition.

Quite likely cannot go over 125 or 150 amps anyway without expensive
feed upgrades. Aproxemately $10,000 to put 200 amp in mine (currently
100, underground service), so it will be getting a 125 breaker box in
the spring.

Well, I guess that's the advantage to having unsightly out door wires.

If I'd up my present 100 amp service to 200 amps, the power company
would not even charge to run new wires to the house. (I'd of course have
to pay an electrician for the rest)

As a matter of fact, when I had a tree trimmed...we called the power
company and they took down the wires for us and put them back for not
charge.