Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics
Clifford Heath Clifford Heath is offline

Default Strange LTspice Problem

On 01/03/14 06:39, Jim Thompson wrote:
Strange LTspice Problem...
Received LTspice schematic (.ASC) from customer), all .ASY symbols in
the same directory.
Open schematic with LTspice, can't see any of the symbols.
Clue: Doesn't balk and say can't find symbol...

I was chasing a similar problem yesterday with the new OSX version of
LTSpice. ASY files don't use the same search path as INC and LIB, which
is a bugger because I don't want my library mixed up in the LTSpice
installed files.

I used the system-call trace program "dtruss" to find all the places
that it's looking for the files. Tried adding a directory under the
installed directory, and was surprised to see that the contents weren't
enumerated, but if the path was used, the files were found. I ended up
making that as a symlink to my library instead (pity you who are on
Windows).

Anyhow, syscall tracing is one way to discover the reasons behind
whatever behaviour you're seeing.

Clifford Heath.