Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default new slate roof goes "snap, crackle pop" in the cold

On Tue, 4 Mar 2014 13:23:02 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

Hi Robert,

We extended our house over a year ago, installing a new section of slate roof. We are experiencing the same "snap, crackle, pop" sound you described whenever the temperature drops at night. We now sleep in the old part of the house whenever it is cold. Did your roof settle down eventually or are we going to have to do something to fix the problem?

Douglas

I should have thought it's all part of that olde worlde feel?