Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics
Spehro Pefhany Spehro Pefhany is offline

Default .STEP FIle ??

On Tue, 04 Mar 2014 16:19:48 -0700, the renowned Jim Thompson
wrote:

Got a request for quoting IBIS model creation, and the potential
client sent his data in .STEP file format.

I have no clue what that is.

I've made IBIS models from PWL files (which I suspect .STEP might be a
form of) and, of course, Spice files.

Any ideas?

...Jim Thompson

Here's the standard: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_10303

Here's what part of the header of a STEP file I made recently in
SolidWorks looks like:

ISO-10303-21;
HEADER;
FILE_DESCRIPTION (( 'STEP AP214' ),
'1' );
FILE_NAME ('LTST_C230_Lite_On_Reverse_Mount_LED_Blue.STEP',
'2014-02-26T05:13:30',
( '' ),
( '' ),
'SwSTEP 2.0',

(and another 230K of stuff)

It is a 3D color solid model of an LED package. Unfortunately, it does
not seem to preserve transparency.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany