Posted to alt.home.repair
Meanie[_4_] Meanie[_4_] is offline

Default Something to keep water from ceiling tiles

On 3/4/2014 4:39 PM, wrote:
I have a business in a rental space and every time it rains a lot, small drips of water come through the roof and ruin some of my ceiling tiles. I have been unable to get the land lord to fix the problem. Is there some sort of sponge layer I can put above the tiles and insulation to absorb this water? It is not a lot of water, just enough to soak through and stain a tile.

Thanks.

You can get catchers like these
http://www.newpig.com/pig/US/patch-r...diverters-7241
or make your own with plastic. Though, they are shown fastened below
the ceiling tiles, you can also fasten them above if there's plenty of
space between as well as places to fasten them.

If the leak(s) isn't heavy, you can simply put a bucket or some other
catch pan above the ceiling tiles. I suggest using a piece of wood or
some other cross supports to rest on the grids, then put the pan/bucket
on it. If you forget about it or the leak is constant, you want to avoid
having it come through the ceiling tile when weight is applied.