Posted to alt.home.repair
Adam Kubias Adam Kubias is offline

Default Something to keep water from ceiling tiles

On 2014-03-04 6:48 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
wrote:
I have a business in a rental space and every time it rains a lot,
small drips of water come through the roof and ruin some of my ceiling
tiles. I have been unable to get the land lord to fix the problem. Is
there some sort of sponge layer I can put above the tiles and
insulation to absorb this water? It is not a lot of water, just enough
to soak through and stain a tile.

Thanks.

Hi,
Rental space? Landlord won't fix the problem? Have it fixed and deduct
the cost from your rent or withhold rent until he fixes the problem.
Wonder what kinda lease/rental agreement you have..... We have small
specialty retail operation in a strip mall(part of big shopping complex)
If such thing happens, it's a matter of phone call to the property
management(landlord's agent).

We have the same thing in our office. It's a rental space, but we are
renting off of a charity who is giving us a great rate (they are
supporting the non-profit).

Sometimes playing hard-ass with the landlord doesn't get you anywhere