Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Bonfires

On 04/03/2014 19:43, Danny Colyer wrote:
On 03/03/2014 21:29, Tim Watts wrote:
On 03/03/14 20:12, GMM wrote:
The spring is coming and, inconveniently, our LA has stopped its 'all
you can eat' approach to green waste,

So has ours (Rother DC in East Sussex).
I am now suspicious...

As has ours (South Gloucestershire).

I'm told they've had lawyers working out exactly what kinds of waste the
council is and is not legally obliged to collect. They've found that
they're not legally obliged to collect garden waste, so they've decided
no longer to include that service in the council tax that we pay.

Someone isn't doing the sums.
The local councils have to meet recycling targets, these are a
percentage and recycled garden waste counts towards it.
If they don't meet the targets they face extra costs.

Of course it maybe that they just can't recycle enough of the other
stuff to meet the targets even with the garden waste so they have given
up and are going to pay the penalty anyway.