Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
janders janders is offline

Default And before I leave, a bit of metalworking (ON TOPIC!)

On 3/4/2014 8:27 AM, Cydrome Leader wrote:

The precision, fit and finish of parts in older cameras is mind blowing to
me, and provides some really high standards to work towards.

My brother now has my Dad's old Zeiss Ikon Contaflex. I don't quite
recall how it operated, but basically within limits, if you changed
aperture, it would adjust shutter speed, and likewise, change shutter
speed, it would adjust aperture. All done mechanically. Boy, would I
love to see how that was done internally. And to think stuff like this
was all designed on paper, long before CAD...

Jon