Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
micky micky is offline

Default Can washing machine start capacitor test good - and still be bad?

On Mon, 03 Mar 2014 16:28:49 -0500, Home Guy "Home"@Guy. com wrote:

So more recently, over the past week or two, the motor was acting up
again. It would buzz, I'd bump the machine, and it would start.

Are you sure it wasn't running all the time, but the belt was slipping.
That can sound like a hum too iirc.

Before I tightened it, I would give the edge of the drum a shove and
that would start it on the spin cycle. (I think it's a sub-cycle
really. Why is it called a cycle?)

On my Whirlpool I have to tighten the belt every 30 years, but some
belts might loosen more quickly.

But
yesterday even bumping / rocking the machine didn't work.