Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Was my house vibrating, or was it me?

On Sun, 02 Mar 2014 20:29:22 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

But you grew up in America not AmeriPUS.

As Tim Wilson said, you could cross the road in front of your house
without being buckled in a safety seat.

When I was six years old, I would walk down the street from home to a
bus stop and get on a city bus to travel to the next town to attend the
Catholic Parochial Torture Center run by those terrifying creatures
known as nuns. I have to wonder if any parent these days would allow a
six year old on his/her own to travel unaccompanied on public
transportation to another city and walk several blocks to and from the
city bus? o_O

Things are different no days. At 12 I could take guns from the house
and go in the woods all day. You could carry knives in your pocket. At
14, bought my first car (with my earned money) and was allowed to
drive alone during the day. At night with a 16 year old (licensed) in
the car. We played with dynamite back then, too. Huck Finn didn't have
anything on us, eh?

Now days - never mind, but you know the story.