Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default The Stopped Dados:

"Greg Guarino" wrote in message

On 3/3/2014 7:48 AM, dadiOH wrote:
"Greg Guarino" wrote in message

Next up: squaring up the ends of the dadoes.

There is certainly nothing wrong in doing that but
there is no particuar reason to do so as whatever goes
into the dado can hide the minor gap if the dado end is
left rounded. Personally, I leave them rounded, would rather do
something else with the time it takes to square them.

I'm not sure what you mean. I made the dadoes with a 1/2"
diameter bit, thus the corners are rounded with a 1/4" radius. Unless I
notch the ends of the shelves

As everyone else said, right, that's what one does.

(which seems like at least as much work as
squaring the corners),

It's not, a moment or so with a dozuki or other similar and you are
finished. An added benefit is that you can gain some wiggle room viv a vis
the dado and what's going into it...dado too long?, notch covers it...dado
too short?, cut a longer notch.

--

dadiOH