Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Was my house vibrating, or was it me?

The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 3/1/2014 1:50 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per The Daring Dufas:
Doesn't something like that happen to sailors? I seem to recall
something about the old time sailors spending a lot of time at sea
on a long voyage in the small ships having a problem when they came
home to dry land. Sea legs? The sailor becomes accustom to the
motion of the ship and perceives motion on land. ^_^

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illusions_of_self-motion

Now that you have mentioned it, I remember something like that after
a few hours on skates at a roller rink. Take the skates off, and
there's an adjustment period before you get your legs working right.

What kid has never spun around and around then tried to walk a strait
line? Me and the kids I grew up with would get on the small merry go
round on the playground then several of us would spin it with one of kids
standing in the center. We would stop the spinning then laugh at the
victim when he/she tried to walk. Heck, we didn't need recreational
drugs, we had playground equipment. ^_^

TDD

Beer, a softball bat and a forehead. Drink a few, place forehead on bat,
spin around a few times, attempt to hit ball. Lots of laughs.

As teenagers we used knock each other out with hyperventilation. One kid
would bend over and breathe really hard until he was dizzy. Another kid
would then grab him around the stomach from behind and squeeze real hard.
After a few seconds the passed out kid was dropped to the ground. To make
sure he wasn't faking, we'd kick him a few times to see if he moved.

We were such a fun group.