Posted to uk.d-i-y
harryagain[_2_] harryagain[_2_] is offline

Default Semi with separate gutters, neighbour asking to join gutters

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
On 01/03/14 11:48, David Hearn wrote:

What do people recommend? Should we connect our guttering (assuming
it's possible) or keep separate? Is there a real chance of damp due to
the gap, or is it best to keep as-is?

A small gap is irrelevant - think how much rain hits your walls anyway.

And even working gutters catch some rain on the outside that runs down
underneath and drips!

I would not connect them if your downpipes are set up to cope with an
isolated system.

Then if she (or new occupant) fails to clean her gutters or fix a blocked
downpipe, you do not suddenly get the benefit of a lot of extra water or
muck down yours.

Never share any service with a neighbour that you don't have to! Ever...

Very true. Especially a driveway.