Posted to comp.mobile.ipad,comp.mobile.android,sci.electronics.repair
nospam[_3_] nospam[_3_] is offline

Default How do we put icons in two places on ipad home screens?

In article
dhosting.com, Liam
O'Connor wrote:

I'm sure wardriving freeware exists on the iPad (although
Wigle doesn't seem to be there), so, I would think I could
put the iPad and Android device on the passenger seat of
the vehicle ... go for a drive ... and then easily compare
the received signal strength of hundreds of WiFi access
points.

there used to be software to list wifi networks and the strengths, but
they used private apis and were pulled.

those who downloaded the apps could keep using it until ios 5, when the
private apis no longer worked at all.

at least one of those apps is on android, wifi analyzer.

Since I can easily log hundreds of access points in a drive
through a populated area, I would think that a look at the
data would show whether the Apple devices or Android devices
were habitually stronger or weaker.

Come to think of it, I think this would be a nice test since
I just googled and found WiFi-Where is apparently an equivalent
to the Wigle Android wardriving freeware...

http://www.threejacks.com/wifiwhere

one of the ones that no longer exist.

the first clue is it talks about ios 3.