Posted to comp.mobile.ipad,alt.internet.wireless,sci.electronics.repair

Default Do you know where we can find the 3 key WiFi specs for the iPad?

On Sat, 1 Mar 2014 21:54:39 -0800, Liam O'Connor
wrote:

If the transmit "output" is 16dBm at 2.4GHz and 17dBm at 5GHz,
I presume you mean sans an antenna because I don't see the
customary 3dB difference between the two numbers (which would
be entirely antenna related).

The 3dB difference in gains between the two bands is pure coincidence.
It can be anything.

If so, the radio transmit power is roughly 40mW at 2.4GHz.
And, at 5GHz, it's roughly 50Mw.

http://www.rapidtables.com/convert/power/dBm_to_mW.htm
16dBm = 40mw
17dBm = 50mw