Posted to comp.mobile.ipad,alt.internet.wireless,sci.electronics.repair

Default Do you know where we can find the 3 key WiFi specs for the iPad?

On Sat, 01 Mar 2014 23:40:57 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Jeff
Liebermann wrote:

When the FCC ID web pile stops crashing, plug the FCC ID number into:
http://transition.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid/
and you should eventually find the xmit power. I would post some
examples, but as is normal on weekends, the FCC ID site has crashed.

it's been working fine for me.

The Following Error(s) Occurred While Retrieving The Requested Page:
Date and time of error: Sun Mar 02 00:02:08 EST 2014
Requester's address: 192.168.199.13
Requester's browser type: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:27.0)
Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0
Called from: http://transition.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid/
Parameters specified: RequestTimeout=500
Diagnostic information: Error Executing Database Query.
weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourceDisabledExcep tion: Pool
OETDataSource is Suspended, cannot allocate resources to
applications..
The error occurred on line 26.

the only problem i've had was during the government shutdown when it
was offline.

It belches similar errors almost every weekend when I try it.

they could have left the server running during that time. it's not like
anyone sits there and fills the requests as they come in.

I suspect that there's nobody paying attention to log files and error
messages on weekends.

Just to make things interesting, the usable sensitivity can be reduced
by external influences, such as your hand on the antenna as in the
iPhone 4. There can also be RFI generated by the processor and
display drivers inside the iPad. Treat the specs as best case.

reception on all radios is reduced with one's hand on or near the
antenna, which is why just about every device maker tells you how to
hold it, and not to put your hand near the antenna.

it's not just apple.

Correct. Except that Apple is the worst. I was referring to the
wi-fi performance, which is also affected by hand contact with the
antenna. However, I don't have numbers for wi-fi, just cellular:
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/cellular/cell-test.htm
That's about 4 years old. Not much has changed. I have some guesses
as to why, but I can't prove it without destroying at least two
iPhones. Hint: To the best of knowledge, Apple iPhone 4 and 5 are
the only devices that use an untuned monopole as an antenna. Even the
iPads don't do that.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D