Posted to comp.mobile.ipad,alt.internet.wireless,sci.electronics.repair
nospam[_3_] nospam[_3_] is offline

Default Do you know where we can find the 3 key WiFi specs for the iPad?

In article , Jeff
Liebermann wrote:

When the FCC ID web pile stops crashing, plug the FCC ID number into:
http://transition.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid/
and you should eventually find the xmit power. I would post some
examples, but as is normal on weekends, the FCC ID site has crashed.

it's been working fine for me.

the only problem i've had was during the government shutdown when it
was offline.

they could have left the server running during that time. it's not like
anyone sits there and fills the requests as they come in.

....snip...

Just to make things interesting, the usable sensitivity can be reduced
by external influences, such as your hand on the antenna as in the
iPhone 4. There can also be RFI generated by the processor and
display drivers inside the iPad. Treat the specs as best case.

reception on all radios is reduced with one's hand on or near the
antenna, which is why just about every device maker tells you how to
hold it, and not to put your hand near the antenna.

it's not just apple.