Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Rain - F/U

On Sat, 1 Mar 2014 16:15:50 -0800, "Lew Hodgett"
wrote:

Lew Hodgett wrote:

Well we finally got some rain.

3.5" in downtown L/A, more elsewhere and more to come today.

It's raining outside my window as this is being typed.

Mud slides in the areas that just burned.

Watching a river of mud come down the street is eerie.

More mud slides predicted.

The state is still a drought area, but every little bit helps.

Over the hill the rest of the country is a little nippy.

Given a choice of snow or rain, I'll take rain.

"Bill" wrote:

Lucky you. We're expecting 10 inches of snow and ice tonight, and
more on Tuesday!

To put things in perspective, the weather folks back in Cleveland used
1" rain = 12" snow as I remember.

That's very dry snow. It's usually more like 4-6" per.

Given that the 3.5"+ of rain in downtown L/A translates to 42" if it
were
SNOW.

I'll take the rain.

Let it SNOW in the mountains where we really need it.

When I lived in Vermont, I always said it could snow on green things
all it wanted but leave the roads alone. It never listened.