Posted to rec.woodworking
Ralph[_16_] Ralph[_16_] is offline

Default What does anybody think of a Harbor Freight air compressor?

On Sat, 01 Mar 2014 13:11:04 -0500, woodchucker wrote:

On 3/1/2014 12:57 PM, wrote:
On Friday, June 10, 2011 11:33:40 AM UTC-7, busbus wrote:
I am in the market and this one seems intriguing. I have some clamps
and such from them and they are okay--I am not so sure about things
like air compressors.

http://www.harborfreight.com/25-hp-2...-125-psi-cast-

iron-vertical-air-compressor-67847.html

I bought this air compressor on the Richland washington store. It had a
special sign on it for $100.00 ! I bit and bought it. I plugged it
in and tried it. It would not work. I tried and tried and finally it
came on. Then it froze up. That has been a year ago. I dug out my
receipt to take it back. BUT, the receipt said "AS IS "! Nothing
about that before I bought it. Not a thing on the sign outside. Am
thinking Harbor Freight is not on the up and up ?

Sounds like it was a return and the as is was intended on getting rid of
it, maybe for parts.

I bought a similar HF compressor years and years ago. When it arrived the
starting capacitor had become disconnected in shipping. Fixed it and the
compressor has worked fine every since.

Also, does it has oil?