Posted to comp.mobile.ipad,alt.internet.wireless,sci.electronics.repair
Liam O'Connor Liam O'Connor is offline

Default Do you know where we can find the 3 key WiFi specs for the iPad?

On Sat, 1 Mar 2014 13:27:53 -0800, Liam O'Connor wrote:

Do you know where we can find the 3 key WiFi specs for the iPad?
1. WiFi radio transmit power (usually specified in milliwatts or dBm)
2. WiFi radio sensitivity (usually specified in dBm)
3. WiFi antenna gain (usually specified in dBi)

Googling, I found this iPad teardown, which shows the hardwa
http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/iPad+Wi-Fi+Teardown/2183

The iPad uses a "Broadcom BCM4329XKUBG 802.11n WiFi" board.
http://s1.guide-images.ifixit.com/igi/V6QetUKjFdDsDYga

The WiFi antenna is right behind the Apple logo:
http://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.net...WXasqYpDiLQCC3

But, I didn't see the key specs listed.
So, next, I'll look at the FCC teardown.
http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/iPad+FCC+Teardown/2197